Catalyst Grants for Social Movement launched
Grant opportunities for inspiring action which specifically looks at ideas that are about tackling loneliness and social isolation amongst all age groups of populations.
We want to fund ideas which are about people and communities coming together to change things.
Projects/activities must be delivered in one or more or the three boroughs of Stockport, Tameside and Oldham.
How much, and who can apply?
Small grants of £250 for formally run groups and organisations (with constitutions) or people who just want to come together to make a difference in their own communities
Larger grants of up to £2,500 for formally run groups and organisations with income of less than £250,000 a year
Priorities for the Funding
- Projects/activities that result in groups and communities of people becoming more active in speaking up for change
- Projects/activities that result in people feeling a real sense of influence over the health system.
- Projects/activities that result in people feeling a greater sense of control and ownership over their situation.
- Ideas that come from communities and bring communities together, building on local strengths
- Projects/activities aimed at creating alternatives to dependency on the NHS
- New ideas that have not been tried out before.
- Ideas that inspire others to get involved and take action
The deadline for grants of up to £2,500 is midday on Monday 7 November 2016 and applications for the £250 grants will be taken any time until further notice.
Larger grant funded projected need to be complete by 30 June 2017 and smaller projects by 31 March 2017
For more information see http://www.vaoldham.org.uk/SocialMovement or ring 0161 339 2345