Community Media new scaled programme launch: GM through the eyes of older people
The aim of this programme is to document and disseminate the day to day experiences of older people living in Greater Manchester, what they have done to feel less socially isolated, the changes they are making to the places they live in and the types of challenges they have met along the way.
The competencies and characteristics that we are looking for in our candidate partners are varied. You should be able to offer at least one of the following attributes:
- The ability to engage and mobilise older people
- Given that addressing inequalities remains paramount, the knowledge and networks to be able to work with people from marginalised communities with little historic opportunity to voice their experiences
- The relevant production skills and technical knowledge
- Established distribution mechanisms through which to deliver an imaginative and memorable multimedia campaign
- A passion for co-creating activity which is produced not just for the local population, but with the local population, informed by their experiences of social isolation and how to mitigate it.
The work must be delivered across the eight local authority districts in which Ambition for Ageing is operating: Bolton, Bury, Manchester, Oldham, Rochdale, Salford, Tameside and Wigan (not Trafford or Stockport).
Contract length and value
The contract period is December 2018 to March 2020.
The contract value is £100,000 over the 16 months of the contract.
Final deadline for submissions
12 noon, Wednesday 24 October 2018.
Upcoming bidder event
GMCVO recommends that organisations interested in applying for this work attend the bidding engagement event. This will give prospective applicants the opportunity to learn more about the project principles, the delivery model and the approach GMCVO is looking for.
The event will take place at Manchester Art Gallery Lecture Room, Mosley St, Manchester M2 3JL – Monday 17 September 2018, 1pm - 4.00pm.
To book your place please click here
Full details of the guidance event for potential bidders can also be found on the Events section of the GMCVO website
To find out more
If you are interested in finding out more about bidding for this work, please go to our GMCVO website and register on the bidding portal