Learning Event: Building Age-friendly Places
This workshop is an opportunity for statutory sector frontline staff, managers, to learn from Ambition for Ageing’s approach to delivering place-based working.
The workshop is a repeat of the event of the same name held in Bury last December.
Over the last five years Ambition for Ageing has been delivering a £10.2m age-friendly programme funded through the National Lottery Community Fund. We now want to share the practical learning developed through our successful work.
About the workshop
The workshop will be an opportunity to:
- Find out more about research-based practical guidance on aspects of place-based workin
- Hear directly from older people and experts involved in Ambition for Ageing and place-based working
- Mix with people from across GM with similar interests, share knowledge and views and to explore practical ways to build age-friendly places
- Take part in an interactive example of creating an age-friendly plan
Dates and times:
- Date: Wednesday 29 April, 10.30am - 3.30pm (registration from 9.45 am)
- Venue: Eccles Town Hall, Church Street, Eccles, M30 0LH
Please note: The workshop is designed for statutory sector frontline staff, managers, policy makers and commissioners. There will be events and activities for a wider audience over the next year.