New Economy's Ambition for Ageing Baseline Data Analysis
Ambition for Ageing is a £10.2 million programme in Greater Manchester aimed at creating more age-friendly places and empowering people to live fulfilling lives as they age.
Led by GMCVO, the 5 year programme is delivered by a cross-sector partnership with Local Delivery Leads (LDLs) leading on the work in 25 neighbourhoods across 8 local authorities in Greater Manchester. These LDLs are responsible for funding series of small investments to help develop more age-friendly neighbourhoods, which are directed and led by older people.
New Economy leads on the evaluation of Ambition for Ageing. Click to the right to download their Baseline Data Analysis report.
This report provides an overview of all data collected thus far by LDLs in the programme for the evaluation. This includes:
- Projects (investments) funded to date
- Demographic characteristics
- Perceptions of age-friendly neighbourhoods
- Subjective and objective measures of social isolation (social contact)
- Conclusions and recommendations
In addition, there are three appendices to this report:
- Appendix A: Definition of Terms: this glossary defines terms commonly referred to within this report
- Appendix B: List of all Investments Funded by AfA (Projects): this provides, in table format, a list of all projects funded by AfA LDLs in all areas over the past year
- Appendix C: Summary of LDL Delivery Approaches: this describes each LDL’s approach in each local area, which highlights the nuances in approach to funding and delivering AfA in each of the local authority areas