Pandemic Pressures: How Greater Manchester equalities organisations have responded to the needs of older people during the Covid-19 crisis
Pandemic Pressures summarises our research into how Greater Manchester equalities organisations have responded to the needs of older people during the Covid-19 crisis. The report and supporting briefing highlight a number of recommendations for service commissioners, funders and contractors to contribute to future emergency planning and responses:
- Equalities organisations that work within and for particular communities of identity which experience marginalisation were on the frontline during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Learning from the pandemic has shown that in order to mitigate against increasing inequalities in a crisis, service commissioners, funders and contractors must recognise and utilise the expertise of equalities organisations.
- The resilience of equalities organisations needs to be built on and supported to allow them to respond in a crisis.
- We need to learn from the experiences of equalities organisations during this pandemic not only to help in any future crises, but to tackle the widening of inequalities caused by this one.
Printed copies of the documents will be available to order, free of charge, from Ambition for Ageing. Please contact us to put in an order.
- For all audiences. 34 page report. “Pandemic Pressures: How Greater Manchester equalities organisations have responded to the needs of older people during the Covid-19 crisis”.
- For service commissioners, funders and contractors. 4 page A4 briefing “How to improve crisis response using equalities organisations' expertise” summarising the key recommendations from the report to contribute to future planning.
- For VCSE organisations 4 page A4 briefing “How equalities organisations responded to the Covid-19 crisis”. (to be published May 2021) outlining how equalities organisations responded to the pandemic, and the impact this had on organisations, staff and volunteers.
If you would like a representative from Ambition for Ageing to present the findings of this research at an event you are holding, or you would like to have further discussion about the work, we’d love to chat. Contact us and we’ll be in touch.
The report and briefing is available to download below.